At MIS the curriculum in the Primary School is based on current best practice in the UK (English National Curriculum) and China (Chinese National Curriculum) enhanced by aspects of best practice drawn from other international curricula from around the world.
It is designed to challenge and inspire all learners and ensure that all make progress, whatever their individual needs.
Our aim is to:
• provide a broad, balanced curriculum that inspires commitment to learning and improves standards tailor learning and teaching to the specific needs of the MIS students
• provide a meaningful context for learning
• have a strong focus on languages, mathematics, the Sciences through STEAM
• emphasise personal development and well-being
• ensure progression and smooth transition
• empower learners and build on what they already know
We are strongly learning-oriented to develop learners who:
• believe that effort leads to success
• believe in everyone’s ability to improve
• prefer challenging tasks
• gain personal satisfaction from success at different tasks
• problem-solve and persevere when engaged in a task
• collaborate with others to achieve a common goal